Desired Skills & Job Description:
As a web developer at BinWise you will be tasked with updating and adding features to our back-end site. You will work on everything from web services and server-side architecture to updating front-end HTML/CSS/JS and database work. You also love diving in head first into data figuring out patterns and efficient ways to get present the data to users. You are always thinking of the future and what can be done.
If you are a data geek, passionate about building complex, data driven web apps, and not timid of new technologies you have a place with us!
What will you be doing?
- You will be working with and transforming our current web application into its next generation form.
- In-depth coding and database work with our heterogeneous stack of Microsoft and Scala/Play.
- Research and use technologies to build new software for our customers.
- Provide technical support to other teams in the company.
- Some UI/UX work to make our current and future products very easy for customers to use.
What you need to know and have?
- You have worked as a developer for at least 5+ years mostly with web software.
- Advanced skills in some server-side web development stack (e.g. ASP.NET, Java).
- Experience in our stack ( C# / ASP.NET / SQL Server / Scala / Play ) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Thorough knowledge of database architecture, reporting, and development.
- Experience with both relational databases like SQL Server and document databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with processing and reporting large amounts of data with business intelligence tools like Pentaho and distributed file systems like Hadoop.
- Familiar with web services and API architecture and creation.
- Incredible coding skills and the desire to create amazing things with technology.
- Familiar with a startup environment, and the ability to be hands-on and flexible.
The company was founded in 2007 by wine professionals whose passion for the industry helped create solutions for the distribution and tracking of wine,
beer and spirits. We set out to achieve the impossible – create a way of linking purchasing, inventory management, point of sales and beverage lists on one
platform. Our first product, RealWineLists, is an on-line software application that does just that.
RealWineLists provides transparency to beverage program management and has been used by restaurants, hotels, corner bistros as well as Wine Spectator Grand
Award winning restaurants. With the incredible success of RealWineLists, BinWise is currently developing a series of world-class products, which will be
released later this year. We are located in SOMA, if you are passionate about wine & food BinWise is the place for you!
Compensation: Competitive salary, option plan, and full benefits
Type: Full Time
Level: Jr/Mid level
Email hr at binwise.com. Make sure to attach your resume and cover letter.